Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 60 The Perfect Mom Project

Well today is an exciting day! This is day 60 of my project. Quite the under taking when you think about it. I still have 305 more days to go, but since it takes 21 days to make a habit, I am there almost 3 times over. Woo Hoo me!! On top of that I am trying something new today. I am emailing my post into the blog site. I set this up yesterday, and I am curious how it will go. I thought it would be a good way to stay in touch with my blog, if I have to go out of town. So you will have to bear with me as I try out some new technology stuff on you. I know I am really leaping light years ahead with this one, try to keep up!

Just to keep you in the loop, I should let you know that I did let Aly drive home when I picked her up from school yesterday. It actually went very well. We both behaved and we arrived home in one piece, all in all a good trip. I know that I still have one more child to get through with drivers training, so I do not want to burn out yet, but I do come very close some days. If it was not for the fact that if they do not learn to drive, I will have to drive them everywhere, I might pass on drivers training all together, but that would only make things worse here as they get older. I guess it is sort of like the driving circle of life.

Another issue that has come up recently, is Avery’s bus ride to and from school. I am carpooling with another Mom right now for rides to school, but Avery still has to take the 45 minute bus ride home after school from a school that is less then 5 minutes away. On top of that it is such a long ride that Avery is about over the edge when she gets home. Apparently, the kids on the middle school bus are very immature. They swear, throw gum and basically act like a bunch of, well…middle schoolers. Avery has zero patience for it. On the one hand I am glad, it does say something about her character, but on the other hand I want her to suck it up and just deal with it. The hard part is if it was 20 minutes it probably would not bother her as much, but 45 minutes is a lot of time to be jammed into a bus with kids that are annoying. I know this, because I have ridden the bus on school field trips, yuck!

We are going to try to make the best of it. I am not happy about the whole thing, but our school district (like every school district these days) is trying to save money. I was just happy when I complained because her bus stop was out of my sight, and they switched it back to where it use to be. I am not sure if they would even listen if I complain about the length of time she is on the bus. I figure I can do this carpooling thing for now, because when she starts high school next year, there is no way I will want to take my car up to the car jungle that is the high school!

Oh well, another crazy day. Looking forward to putting my feet up tonight and it is only morning. One thing about being busy, the day goes by very fast. This should be a quick one today. Off to drive my little nonswearing, well behaved middle schooler to school, lucky me!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Congratulations on 60 days! You keep writing. I have enjoyed reading about your life. You are going through a lot of the same experiences and feelings I am experiencing raising my family.