Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 43 The Perfect Mom Project

The question of the day is, how does yesterdays post relate to mothering? When Mark originally suggested that I blog about what was going on in my family that is the question I asked him. I do not want to use this project to complain about everything that goes on in my life. I want this to be healing and thought provoking. After some thought I decided that sharing what was happening was a good way of releasing some of the issues that are running around in my head.

I cannot be the kind of Mom I hope to be if I am upset and worried. I also need to talk about the issues surrounding my Mom's death so that I can make peace with her passing. I am discovering as I move forward with this project that there are no quick fixes in parenting or relationships. They are continuous works in progress. Which means that I too am a work in progress.

Being a work in progress gives me hope. It means I am not done yet, that I have more to learn and more to offer. I am up for that challenge! I can except anything that comes my way as a chance to grow as a person and not crumble. I may not like what life is handing me right now, but I still have to take care of my family and I still have to take care of myself. I am so very lucky to have the unconditional love of my husband and children, unconditional love is something that is new to me and I cherish it.

I pray that in the weeks to come that I can share more about what is happening in my world. I hope that you will allow me to be honest and understand that life gets dirty sometimes. It is what you do with the dirt that makes the difference. If you sweep it under the carpet or ignore it it will never go away. I am hoping that by sweeping it up and looking at it clearly I can dump it into life's waste bin and move on!

Now, I need to get moving, today is the first day of the new carpool I joined and it is my week to drive Avery and her friend to school. I cannot wait to see what challenges this brings to a perfect mom in progress!

No comments: