Friday, October 9, 2009

Day 47 The Perfect Mom Project

Well, the road trip is on hold. I am kind of glad, since it felt a little like a Thelma and Louise type of trip. I am also happy that I will be here to help my beautiful Aly get ready for homecoming. Those moments are so special and fly by so fast, I do not want to miss any of them if I can help it.

I took it as a sign when I took my car in for an oil change to prepare it for the trip and they told me I needed a new water pump. My Sister (step) took her car in for an oil change and she had a broken tie rod. Our other Sister (step) has a lease car and that would put a lot of miles on it, so... now we wait. There is still no real firm diagnosis for my Stepfather (Dad) since the sample that was taken was not showing a clear result. There may have to be another biopsy on Monday, depending on how it goes today when they retest the sample. It is a waiting game now. It has been decided that we will try to go down when he knows more on his end. PHEW!

Today I will go in and have my water pump replaced on my car. My Sister is having her car worked on at the same place, at the same time, so perhaps we can talk about all of this a little more. Duh, perhaps? You know we will be talking about all of this. I keep hoping to make sense of some of the decisions that my Stepfather (Dad) is making. I do not think it is even possible, this has really become a real life soap opera.

So, I will focus on my kids and their lives for a few hours this weekend and I am so happy for that chance. Being a mom is one of the most fulfilling things that I have ever done, it is also one of the toughest. I came to the mothering table with no real job skills, but I think I am getting some great on the job training. I can only hope to make it through the hair and makeup portion of homecoming preparations without a mother/daughter cat fight. I think it is always good to have goals, don't you?

No comments: