Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 342 The Perfect Mom Project

How do you explain to your crabby sixteen year old that using the word hate to describe everything she does not like makes her no fun to be around. She hates, her sister (until she is lonely), she hates corn on the cob, she hates me (when I ask her to do things she does not want to), and that is just the first tier of hated things. I have decided that it is time for an intervention. Nothing too big or scary, just a discussion that includes some guidelines if I hear the word hate again!

Last night Mark had to remind her that he was on vacation and that he had four days ahead of him and he wanted to enjoy himself. He also mentioned (more like yelled it) to her that she has had the whole summer to enjoy herself, so she best adjust her attitude and not wreck the only four days he has. I was glad he handled the issue; I am tired of always being the bad guy. At this point my middle child's teenitude is going to cause her a lot of problems. Mainly because I hold the keys (literally) to her kingdom now, if you want to take the car, you best have the kind of attitude that makes me want to hand you my keys. Oh and by the way, stop making excuses for your teenitudes, because I am at the point of not caring, no excuse will make me less aggravated.

Now I must set this all aside and do my best to make today a good day for all of us. Ashleigh and I are heading out to meet Mark and Scott for their second round of golf. This will help me be calmer when I get home. I will smack the golf ball to get rid of my aggravation.

No comments: