Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 330 The Perfect Mom Project


Todays picture is of Aly on her 3rd birthday...
Happy 16th Birthday Aly!





 16 is a big deal. This morning we will head to the Secretary of State’s office so that Aly can get her official drivers license. After that the day will unfold with lots of fun and a surprise or two. It will be a good day! Aly is at the top of the growing up slide, she is poised and ready to slide down into being a young woman working to make her goals and dreams come true. Where has the time gone?


When Aly was born she was the hungriest baby I had ever seen. I was nursing her, which meant I was pretty much topless the first month or so of her life! By the time Labor Day rolled around in September I had decided that I would bottle feed her so that I could put my top back on. She is still hungry today. She is petite, and I have no idea how she keeps the weight off with how much she eats, but she is a girl on the go so I am sure that helps. Once she gets her license today she will be even more on the go, she will be free. I remember the freedom of getting my license and hitting the road, I am excited for Aly.

There will be a special dinner (Shrimp Scampi) tonight with Mark’s parents and a good friend of Aly’s attending and then later (after frozen Tiramisu) a surprise get away. It is all hush/hush and top secret, so I will share more tomorrow. For now, I am waiting for her to wake up and follow the ribbon that is tied to her door to her first gift of this special day. I just love surprises!


No comments: