Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 339 The Perfect Mom Project

At one o'clock this morning I found myself leaning out my back door and calling as quietly as possible to Avery and her friend who were "sleeping" in our tent in the back yard. "WAY, way too loud out here!" I called trying not to sound too crabby so that Avery's social status would not plummet once word got out that her Mom was no fun. I debated for a few minutes about what to do, since the tent was set up essentially right under my neighbor's bedroom window. Avery had requested that she be allowed to put her tent at the back of our yard, but I was not sure I would be able to her them if something happened. Just for the record, I could hear them fine from where they were located.

So there I was at one o'clock in the morning trying to decide who I wanted to be mad at me, my neighbors, or my daughter. I decided my daughter, even though I know this morning she will tell me that the noise is the reason she wanted to put the tent at the back of the yard. It is not easy walking this parenting tight rope. One day your doing all the right things, and the next day those same things are not right anymore. I can hear the little night owls talking as I am writing and I even saw them just roll out of the tent. Now I am wondering exactly how crabby my youngest will be today. Only time will tell.

For now I am closing up my computer and hitting the road to visit Aunt Nina. It has been a couple of weeks and I need to get in there to see her and pay some of her bills, since Mark will not be able to make it this week. I will leave my little night owl and her friend in the loving hands of her sister and high tail it to saver ground. I am certain I will receive a call later informing me of some sisterly disagreement. Going to see Aunt Nina at least gets me off the battle field for a little while. That is a good thing. Today a visit with Auntie is a blessing in disguise.

No comments: