Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 318 The Perfect Mom Project

I love my kids…I really do, however they are much better to live with when they are on a schedule. This endless summer stuff is sucking the life out of my kids. Avery almost seems like she has no bones left in her body! She wakes up eats breakfast and then slumps. She is either reading, on the computer or watching TV. Aly is a little better, she is trying to exercise some and she is even working on her homework (work for an AP English class and the Spanish test out the girls are doing), but I still sense that they both need a schedule. With that in mind, I am thinking that it is time to start getting them up instead of sleeping in till 10:00 AM or 11:00 AM each and every day.

Yesterday morning I woke Avery up at 9:00 AM just to get her moving. The rest of the day until around 4:00 PM she was crabby. I cannot let that deter me; it could very well be a ploy to stop me from waking her again today or any other day for that matter. Somehow I need to pump some motivation into at least one of my kids. I think that the old saying "early to bed and early to rise, makes a man (or woman) healthy, wealthy and wise" is the answer. I know as you are reading this you are shaking your head and laughing, but I have to have a plan for reversing this slumpiness! It will be a cold harsh slap in the face for my youngest come September otherwise. Maybe I am overstepping my Perfect Mom boundaries, but I am going to give this whole giving my kid direction thing a shot. It could be I might be the one shaking my head and laughing at my success! A mom can to dream can't she?

No comments: