Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 316 The Perfect Mom Project


We are all moving slowly…let me rephrase that, Mark and I are moving slowly. The girls are still sleeping. This is the downside of taking a few days off and having some fun, you have to regenerate yourself. Once home yesterday, we spent some time getting ourselves unpacked and settled and then we were back to the normal questions we have around here all the time. Things like "What's for dinner?" or "Has anyone fed the dog yet?" and my favorite "Why is this stuff sitting here?" Welcome home family, life is back to normal.

 
After dark, the girls went out in the backyard and used up the remaining sparklers we had. It was cute to watch my girls recapture a few moments of their childhood. They ran and spun and danced with each sparkler like they did when they were just three and five years old. Watching them made me laugh. Each of my girls will always be "my little girl". The difference is that at some point they also become your friend. Spending time with Ashleigh, these last few days reminded me again that I need to keep my eye on the prize and not get sidetracked by the teen antics. They are normal and if I just keep plugging away at this like I always have, it should all turnout fine. So, I have one child down and two to go. I know I can do this; I just have to keep reminding myself that I know what I am doing. Believing it is half way to doing to actually doing it, right?

No comments: