Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 337 The Perfect Mom Project


Today's photo is just a random photo of my fish pond...
Carefully and swiftly, I am coming to my end of my year long task of writing about becoming the perfect mom. It is interesting to note that perfection is not as sweet of a dream as it once was. This has been one heck of a year. I never thought when I started this project last August that I would have so much life to share. It is Monday, and as this week unfolds I hope to squeeze some summer fun in. There is no telling what my girls might cook up.

Aly came to me yesterday and said "Mom, my friend Sarah and I are going to Target tomorrow" and I just stared at her "Um Aly, I have a hair appointment scheduled tomorrow" and she replied, "Oh, so what time is that?" "12:00 PM" I said. Once again she replies "Can I go after that?" Now I was getting her drift, but she was not getting mine. She wanted to take my car to go on her little shopping excursion, but she had never asked me, she just made her plans and thought she would take my car. I guess it's time for the perfect momma smack down. This morning I will need to explain that you ask the owner of the vehicle before you make your plans. Just because you have your license does not mean you own my car!

 
Avery has been under the weather for exactly a week today. She seemed somewhat better yesterday, and my hope is that when she wakes up this morning, she will be back to her old self. If not, then I will be calling our family doctor and making an appointment for her to get a blood test. Avery had told Aly yesterday that she was going to tell us that she was feeling better, just so she would not have to take the blood test, and being the great sister that she is, Aly came running to me to let me know. Actually Aly just wants her sister better too, since Avery has been cooped up here, (except for the girl's movie outing on Saturday afternoon) she is extremely cranky and gets terribly feisty very quickly. We are all hoping that this bug is over, because we want the Avery we know and love back, this new version is not suiting us at all!

 
Well, it is time to go poke the bear and see how she is feeling. I want to get her into the doctor early this morning if we have to go, because I have my hair appointment as you might recall and then of course Aly has her plans too. Being a perfect mom today will not be easy, as I weave my way throw the crabbiness and the entitlement of my children. Just for the record, it is MY car and I am real tired of the constant bickering amongst the siblings. I may just climb in my car and be gone all day! Do not try to stop me! All right, I will settle down. I feel better just getting that out of my system.

No comments: