Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 335 The Perfect Mom Project


 

Phase one of my Mom's business is now complete. I am grateful to have that part behind me and I am ready to see where we go from here. I wish I understood why my sisters and I are even going through all of this. The whole mess is very sad, but I am determined that we will look under every nook and cranny until we have restored my Mom's estate to its original integrity. The fact that I have help from my sister and a darn good attorney, help me feel more confident. I will never understand why my Dad made the choices he made. They are hurtful and thoughtless choices and it makes no sense to me. That being said, it is time to put my confusion about his choices behind me and focus on the future.

Today the future involves my daughters going to the movies together and me not having to drive them there. On Monday when Aly got her driver's license, I did not realize how quickly my world would change. Just yesterday, I sat home while Aly drove Avery and herself to their Spanish tutoring lesson. I have a feeling I will be sitting home a lot more then I used to. Watching my girls grow up and become independent of me is not as easy as I thought it would be. I mean I have one successful launch with Ashleigh, you would think I would be delighted to continue the success with the other two, but there is this burning question inside of me that I cannot seem to answer yet, What will I do when I am not mothering my children anymore? This is the part of my future that I need to start focusing on. Which brings up another question, can I be a perfect mom if I am focusing on me and not my kids? Good questions that will take time to answer and with the way things are going, I think I will have a lot of time on my hands to answer them.

No comments: