Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 313 The Perfect Mom Project


I am certain that my kids are no different from any other kids, but why can they not plan ahead? I just want them packed and prepared for the trip to Ashleigh's this weekend. They say "Mom don't worry about it!" but I cannot help myself! As I walked by Avery's room last night I saw her spinning and dancing around, I had to say, "Are you packed, or are you planning to wear that swimsuit all weekend?" I was just curious; since she seemed to be very calm with not a care in the world, while I am trying to make sure all of our oars are in the water before we leave.

 
I totally get it when people say "If they do not have something they need they will learn to be prepared next time", but somehow that is just way too simple. I say that because, I have arrived at a destination before and one of my children has announced that they are missing an important component to them enjoying their trip. That is when me "not worrying about it" turns into me worrying about it, if you know what I mean. That being said I guess with both of these girls in high school the time for hand holding them through packing should be up. So maybe it is not a kid issue but a mom issue! Great another obstacle to overcome to becoming a perfect mom, will it ever end? At this point I will just keep quiet and worry about myself, it will not be easy, but that is what all the perfect moms are doing and I want in on that action!

No comments: