Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 314 The Perfect Mom Project

Beautiful…that is the view from my surrogate sanctuary. I am sitting on the enclosed porch at Ashleigh's. The porch faces the water and it is so calm and peaceful. It is just what an overworked brain needs right now. Watching the girls release themselves and hangout with the girlfriends they brought along is also wonderful to see. The four girls are sleeping in tents and pretending that the adults do not exist. It is a nice get away for all of us.

A couple of days ago during a conversation with the attorney that Theresa and I hired to represent my Moms estate we learned that I really was adopted by my Dad. There have been questions about that since we read my Dads will that stated that he had no adopted children. Interesting isn't it? None of us are sure why he added that when it really is not the truth. So many things are running through my mind as we go through this process that I am delighted to have a few days to disconnect and be at peace. Time and a good attorney will flush out all the truths and falsehoods in the days and weeks to come. For now we will just sit here on Ashleigh's porch and pretend that all is right with the world and just say ahhhhhhh.

No comments: