Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 333 The Perfect Mom Project


I am tired. The rush, rush, hurry, hurry of the last few days of preparing and executing the perfect 16th birthday have worn me out. It is my own fault, I set the bar high during Ashleigh's 16th birthday and I did not think it was fair to lower the bar for Aly. I realize that most people consider it just another birthday and I also realize that this puts a lot of pressure on the future mates of my girls, but I just do not care. The next big deal will be Aly's 18th birthday and we will have to see then if I am still going to try to keep up with the past or if I will create new traditions. For now, I am glad that Aly's birthday was fun and that she had a good time…check, birthday success!

 
While Aly and I were gone (a lot can happen in 36 hours) Mark took Avery to the doctor and found out that she has a throat infection that has gone into her eyes. She is miserable! This is not the summer fun she was hoping for. She is restless from too much resting and tired but cannot sleep from too much resting, it is a vicious cycle. I am hoping that the medication she is on will help her feel better soon and we can get back to the usual nagging for friends to come over and sleepovers. It's just not summer without it. Avery was happy to have her mom back home. Apparently Dad's do not fawn over their sick children enough. While I know Mark did his very best to care for her, she really wanted someone to sit close by constantly asking if she needs anything and running to get it. It also helps to have someone nearby that you can tell over and over again how awful you feel. Moms are just better at that stuff.

 
In the middle of by perfecting birthday fun and fluffing pillows and dispensing medications, I am still involved in phone calls and emails trying to finish out part one of my Mom's business. It is tricky business and I am glad that we have an attorney working with us that can steer us in the right directions. Once this part is complete my sister and I will be faced with the task of facing my Dad's new wife and sorting through the details of splitting everything she has in half, not fun, but it must be done. I am doing this for my Mom, my sisters and all of our children, but mainly for my Mom who has no voice to speak up. I will be happy when part one of this business is over and we can move forward. I feel like I am only partially available to my family because I am always on edge about what will be uncovered down in Louisiana. My gut tells me there are more secrets and lies to come. The sooner this business is completed the better.
Deep breath in…now release…..ahhhhhh.

No comments: