Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 340 The Perfect Mom Project

Aly has just reminded me that she and Avery have an orthodontist appointment this morning. The funny part about that is that I have been reminding them all week and this morning, I forgot. Aly reminded me about the appointment as I was giving the girls some jobs to do today. Aly was also giving me her agenda for the day and funny, but not once did she mention the tasks I wanted to accomplish. I guess I will just have to stow away my list for another day and let the girls enjoy their day. It is summer after all. So this morning we go to the orthodontist. Aly probably remembered since at our last visit they told her they were going to start removing her braces at today's visit. It has been almost three years of braces and hearing they will come off soon is very exciting for her. I would not want to miss that appointment either. Apparently the removal process takes more than one visit. Aly is hoping that by school picture day on August 25th she will free of her braces.

The hard part for me is that it is an absolutely beautiful morning, and I do not want to leave my perch and get ready. I would love to sit here and look out at the sun and the birds and feel the breeze that is rustling the leaves this morning. Instead, I will shower and get dressed and climb in my car, than I will sit in the medical smelling orthodontist office for an hour. These are the days that suck the life out of me. The normal tasks that have to be done yet bring no real feeling of accomplishment. I will make the best of it. Maybe I can drag the girls to get a new vacuum cleaner belt and some cat food after their appointment that should kick my day up a notch or two. Agh…I have stalled enough, I must prepare for the day ahead. Who knows what might unfold for me if I just get at it. Maybe even some more deck time later today. That would be wonderful. Hi ho hi ho it's off to the ortho I go!

No comments: