Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 334 The Perfect Mom Project

I am very restless today. Waiting and wondering on issues in Louisiana. I would like very much to hear that we have completed phase one of my Mom's business today, so that I can rest my brain and prepare for what will come next. I spent the entire day yesterday sitting near my computer waiting for papers to come that I needed to sign and airmail back, so that they would be there this morning. Finally at 5:00 PM I received the papers and went into action printing and signing about 5 different documents and then racing to the UPS Store to have them shipped out. Phew! Now I wait…

As I have said before, I need a mental break from all the worry that this has brought on. Most importantly I would like to be able to relax with my kids and do something fun. What that might be I cannot say. Our time is limited, but I am determined to come up with something. Avery is still under the weather, but she is feeling somewhat better, so I am hoping that by next week I will be able to put on my thinking cap and make a plan. In the big picture, we have had a pretty good summer so far and my kids will live if we do nothing more than hang out at home, but if possible I would like to do at least one more wow thing this summer. We just have to figure out what wow would be. Maybe my mom brain is in over drive and nothing else is required for my kids this summer. It's that whole trying to be perfect thing that sneaks up on me and makes me feel like I am not doing enough. Realistically, I know I am lying to myself, but emotionally I have doubts and if you have not noticed, my emotions drive me.

So, I sit and wait and think and drive myself crazy for one more day and hopefully by tomorrow I am able to move on with phase one of my Mom's business behind me and some plan in place that will help me feel like I am doing my part to keep this summer fun for my kids. Sounds so simple doesn't it? Then why am I still feeling so anxious?

No comments: