Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 319 The Perfect Mom Project


As I made my way through all of the boxes of memories a couple of weeks ago, I came across a picture that I have wondered over. It is a picture of my Mom at about three years old, peeking out from behind a bush. I am intrigued by her innocence and her curiosity. She was just a sweet little girl with her whole life ahead of her. I wish I had known my Mom then, before life had taken hold. I do remember moments with Mom that were open hearted and easy going, but sadly that is not my most prevalent of memories. I find myself hoping that my girls will remember me differently. I want my girls to have memories of the fun we had together and the things we did together. I just do not have many of those with my Mom.

 
I am planning to put this photo in a little frame. I want to remember my Mom as this sweet little girl with her life ahead of her. I will set it on my dresser as a reminder that you have to grab every bit of life that you can. It is also a reminder that we all start out with the world in our hands. Life is our gift and what we do with it is all up to us. Every joy and every sorrow builds us. I am choosing to build myself into someone that my girls will enjoy reminiscing about. I pray that one day my three beautiful girls will be sitting around a table somewhere, laughing and enjoying the memories we have made together, not puzzling over a picture of me wondering who I was and why I turned out the way I did. My heart is open and the day is easy going, I think I will make some memories with my girls today.

No comments: