Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 187 The Perfect Mom Project


The debate this morning is about Avery having a sleep over. Really? I don't think so! I am on day 5 of being in my PJ's, because in case you have forgotten my darling child, I AM SICK! The only time I have put on clothes is when I have driven someone (Avery) to school, or picked someone (Aly) up from school. I am certain that having a friend spend the night is not high on my (to do) list. Add to this the fact that I have not grocery shopped so there are really no snacks in the house. This idea of having asleep over is not going to work out.

 
Of course Avery thinks this is a personal attack on her. She wanted to debate the last time she has had a sleep over and whether or not I would let her have a sleep over if her room was clean. She swears that even when her room is clean I say no. I explained to her that a sleep over is not just based on a clean room (although it is a big plus if it is). I also tried to explain to her that a sleep over is not a "have to", it is a bonus and picking at me is not going to help make today her bonus day.

 
I know I have mentioned this before, but sleepovers are something I have to be in the right mood for. I also feel it is important that I like the person that is sleeping over. We have had guests before where I spent the whole night with my teeth clinched or biting my tongue. I refuse to do that anymore. Honestly, neither girl has friends that I do not like right now, but in the past it has been an issue. A bossy, rude, disrespectful friend can really put me off sleepovers real quick. OK, I might have someone in the back of my mind that I have a beef with, but I am working on letting it go. I am just not quite there yet. Regardless, I am not up to company and I am not up to deciding anything, so quit picking on me!

 
I really hate the old "That's not fair argument", because then I have to explain all over again how I am the boss, and I decide what is fair. Then I pull an old favorite out of my Mom bag, "When you are the Mom, you can make the rules". Then I laugh to myself, because there really are no rules, I make most of this up as I go along!

No comments: