Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 182 The Perfect Mom Project

I am on the cusp of having worked on this Mom Project for six months. Tomorrow it will be officially over six months. I am shocked and amazed that I have been able to keep this blog going. I have to say that I have never thought about giving it up. I look forward to spending the time each day writing down my thoughts. I have been blessed that my family is understanding and encouraging about my writing as well. Sometimes I have had to put them on hold to complete my writing for the day and there have been times when I have had to take my writing on the road and even then my family has supported me.

I have written about our good times and I have written about our bad times too. I have tried to be as honest as I can about my life, because the purpose of this blog from the beginning has been to come to some conclusions about my relationships with my Mom and my children. There have been many family and friends who have gotten into the mix from time to time, mostly because they are all part of my giant relationship tree. I picture my life like a domino drop, when one domino goes down they all go down. So friends welcome to life with a Mom. You can never tell which way the dominos will fall, but fall they do and Mom is there to set them right again.

I cannot say if at the end of this year of blogging I will be any more enlightened then I am right now, but I will have definitely given it my best shot. Somewhere along the line I have lost the notion of being a "perfect" Mom, but I continue to work towards understanding myself and my life with the added twist of three children. So here is to another six months of self discovery. Fasten your seat belts!

No comments: