Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 174 The Perfect Mom Project


Why does morning come so early when you are tired? Mark and I went to the first part of our two part marriage conference last night and when we got home we stayed up with the girls to watch the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics. We have part two of our conference today and we need to be there by 7:30 AM, so here I am typing away at the crack of dawn. When I made this commitment to myself to write this blog, I never took a lot of these little details into consideration. It really is not that big a deal, since I am normally up at this time during the week, but somehow I feel cheated, because it is the weekend.

 
I am so happy that we are attending this conference. Our marriage is not in trouble or anything like that. We just like going to be reminded how important we each are in this relationship. To me it is like watering a plant if you do not add water, the plant does not grow. By us educating ourselves about marriage, we are adding water to our roots. This is the third or fourth time we have gone to a marriage conference. Each time I believe that we added another layer to our marriage armor. As we become more knowledgeable about the marriage relationship, I become even more in love with Mark. No relationship is perfect, but I like that we keep trying. It is too easy to give up when things are hard.

 
So, off I go to get ready for day two of the glue that will keep us together. I am looking forward to today, not only for the conference, but also because I will be with Mark. That makes this day all the sweeter. All I ask is that the next time he annoys me; someone reminds me I said that!!

No comments: