Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 184 The Perfect Mom Project


Well, here I sit all alone in my house. Our snow day is over and most everyone is back on their normal schedule. I am continuing my recovery from whatever it is that is wrong with me. Sleeping seems to have been the biggest healer so far, I have done a lot of sleeping the last few days. Mark is insisting I keep my doctor appointment for this afternoon, just to be on the safe side. I feel like if I am starting to feel better then I should just ride the wave and skip the doctor. Mark thinks I should be safe and not sorry. I will go to the doctor.

It is interesting how the household changes when Mom is under the weather. I have mentioned it before, but things do change. My family tries to stay on their game, but they are easily sidetracked by video games mostly. I did holler downstairs yesterday when Mark and Avery were hitting the 4 hour mark on playing Wii. They were back at it again after dinner. I was glad they were having fun and it was a "snow day", it just felt like I was in Never Land. Perhaps I need to loosen up a little.

All that really matters is that everyone was safe and happy and enjoying their surprise day off. It was probably a bonus to have mom out of commission, that helped make the day even more delightful not having mom spoiling all the fun with chores. As I sit here looking around my house I see many things that need to be picked up and put away and I have a list going in my head of things I should be doing. The hardest part of being out of work when you are sick is all the catching up when you get back. It really is no different when you are a mom. My family does their best to keep things up, but there are many things that I do pretty much behind the scenes to keep our home running smoothly and when they are not done, it shows. OK, maybe not to anyone else, but I notice.

After I see the doctor today, I will know better if I can get back to the business of motherhood. I sure hope so, I really miss being on the job in my full mothering capacity. I know it is not going to be too much longer until I hear the howl for more and better food in the house and I need to be ready. I wonder what perfect moms do when they get sick, I know I have asked this question before, but I am worried that I am letting my fellow moms down by not being on the job. Oh well, I will have to worry about that later. Right now, I need some hot tea.

No comments: