Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 176 The Perfect Mom Project


Today is the last day of the girl's winter break. It is 8:30 AM and they are still sound asleep. The Mom in me wants to wake them up and get our day going, but there is another part of me (perhaps the part that likes the quiet) that wants to let them sleep. We do not have any big plans in the works today. I learned my lesson on Friday, when everything that I had planned slowly fell apart. Mark the girls and I had a nice day together yesterday, so I will just ride the wave of happiness from that, and anything else we do together will be a bonus.

 
Yesterday, Mark and I took the girls to the Art Institute. I was just happy they were up for it. I know that this was something that Mark has mentioned a few times that he wanted to do and to have the girls along made for some nice family time. These days family time is a limited commodity. When the girls are in school and involved in all of their activities, it makes it tough to find the time to spend together. It is going to get even tougher since Aly just got a part in the spring musical at school and she is also on the Forensics team which has a couple of more meets this year. Forensics is actually like a speech team. Aly was very excited originally when she joined, but her enthusiasm has waned and she is now just going through the motions trying to make it until the end of the season which is about a month and a half away.

 
As we move forward into the remainder of the school year I find myself preparing to grab hold of the railing. I know that the next few weeks and months are going to speed by, they always do. Then we are all left standing there looking at each other saying "What just happened?" The girls had best live it up today, because there are not too many of these quiet unfilled days left for them. That makes me think, "Aw just let them sleep". "What will it hurt?" Besides, the quiet is kind of nice! Ah, sipping my coffee, enjoying the quiet with my feet up, this is the life. Just give it a few minutes though, this will not last!!

No comments: