Tuesday, February 2, 2010

DAy 163 The Perfect Mom Project

I am going to see my Aunt Nina today. I am not sure why, but I realized this morning that on the days that I go to see her, I am very crabby, it might even be more then crabby, it is more like irritated. I spoke to her last night and she was in a bad mood. She is once again having roommate issues at the nursing home. New roommate, new issues, it is a constant theme and it is starting to annoy me. I suggested to her last night that maybe she would like a room of her own, and she said “Why should I have to move?” HHHMMN, I don’t know, maybe because you dislike every roommate that you get?


Of course it is the same song just a different day with my aunt. She does not want full time care at home, and she does not want to stay at the nursing home. I figure she has decided that if she causes enough trouble they will throw her out of the nursing home. The trouble is that when we have a care conference with the staff there she does this big song and dance about how she cooks for her self at home and does all kinds of other things for herself, and none of it is true. So for now, she is in the best place she can me. No wait, I take that back she is in the place she wants to be. I had found a better, nicer even more beautiful place, that was cheaper and she did not like it. So her new woes with her roommate, come under the heading of “Oh well”. I pretty much feel that she made this bed so she can lie in it. No sympathy here, none, zip, zero!

As she told me her frustration with her roommate yesterday, I just kept saying to her, “I am sorry that is happening”, over and over again. I am sorry that she is unhappy with her roommate, but any changes will be up to her. I am merely an innocent bystander. I will pack my patience today and visit for a little while. Afterwards I will do something nice for myself, so that I can get over my crabby, annoyed attitude. No use taking it out on my whole family and making them crabby too. If I did that, I would be just like my Auntie and I don’t want that!!

No comments: