Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 171 The Perfect Mom Project


Well, all the planning and preparation for a snow day has paid off, we are all home today. The question now is, will the day play out like I am imaging. This certainly is not the kind of day you would want to venture out into. That means we will all be cooped up here together. I just hope we can all stay on our best behavior. We have already had one mishap, when Mark left his coffee and muffin unattended and Roxanne (our dog) helped herself to Mark's muffin. There were some sharp words spoken in the heat of the moment, but hopefully they will be able to get along the rest of the day.

I remember when I was little playing outside in the snow for hours. I loved sledding and ice skating. I also remember that I would wear bread bags inside my boots to help keep my feet dry. It seems pretty ridiculous now, but at the time it seemed like a great idea. The bread bags certainly did not keep my feet warm either. I wish I could get the excitement back about playing out in the snow that I felt when I was younger. There is something exciting about whipping down a sled hill. When I was younger I had this plastic sled that was very thin, and when you were not sitting on it, it would spiral back up into a tight coil. If you fell just right at the bottom of the hill you might end up with the sled coiled around your head. It never stopped me though, I would jump back up and head back up the hill for more sledding.

Who knows what my kids will decide to do today, one is in bed reading and the other is still sleeping. I hope they will head out for some fun in the snow later. I am toying with the idea of going out to sled myself. I think it would be fun to fly down the hill with the wind whipping around me. I have much better boots now too, so I think my feet would be much warmer. There is the slight issue that my kids might not want me out there with them, but I will cross that bridge if I come to it. Mean while I will relax and enjoy looking out onto the beautiful snow covered trees from inside my warm house. I may even stay in my pajamas an extra long time today. It does not matter, because…IT'S A SNOW DAY!!!!

No comments: