Friday, July 1, 2011

Where the Heck Do You Think You Are Going?

In just a couple of hours we will climb in our car and head for my oldest daughter Ashleigh's house. I have shopped until I have dropped and now I am surveying what I have and I am wondering what I was thinking. We are staying with Ashleigh for two nights and one full day. Each of our girls is bringing a friend along two. I have a list a mile long of things that need to go in the car and food I need to bring. I still have to pack my clothes, but they are set out on my bed.

The thing is, I have so much stuff to go into the car that I could stay a week at Ashleigh's. Yard games, a tent, food, clothes, 6 people with all of their stuff and one panting dog are all scheduled to climb into our vehicle. This will be interesting; can I remain sane and calm? Probably not. Will at speak in sharp tones and point and direct a lot? Probably. That's what generals do when they are in command. That is also what Moms do when they are trying to get their family on the road.

I am sure when we get to Ashleigh's she will ask us how long we are planning to stay, considering all that we think we "have to" bring. Others might ask us. Where the heck do you think you are going? We will have a short visit with my daughter and her husband and all of the stuff we could not leave behind and then hopefully pack up what remains and return home refreshed and happy. Off I go to start this painful process in motion…wish me luck!!

No comments: