Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Piling On



A lovely photo of Aly and I after a long day of traveling,
obviously tired and delirious!
Can you imagine what we will look like at the end of senior year?

It seems like when the last thing you need is one more thing to do or one more thing to go wrong that's when one more thing happens. It feels a lot like a pile tossed on you. Kind of like when someone throws more laundry on what was already a full load. All you can think is "Really?!"

 
That is where life is right now, there is a feeling of waiting to be buried alive under the weight of one more thing happening. I actually had a dream the other night where two people were pouring water and suddenly the water became large and out of control and I was swallowed up into a tsunami. I can only assume that was my imaginations version of being piled on or swallowed up. It was a scary dream, probably more like a nightmare really.

During a conversation with a friend yesterday I realized that I can no longer think about my life in terms of everything being normal or abnormal or even overwhelming. I must think of my life as a game of baseball and hold out my glove and catch each new addition to my already full plate as an opportunity to make a home run. If I continue to look at things with a "Really?" attitude I might never get past the pile. Focusing on the negative seems to be perpetuating the problem. I have so much to be thankful for and I have so many positive things happening that keeping my focus on the positive and just giving a nod to the pile seems to be the best way to handle the situation.



So today, my positive is that I am spending the day with my two youngest girls and a couple of their friends. Aly has a doctor appointment this morning and then we are going to do a little shopping for a couple of items for Aly's senior pictures. Right there, is another positive. I have another daughter almost complete. Aly is speeding towards the launch pad and this year is going to fly by. That is another reason why focusing on the positive and ignoring the pile is a good idea. This year is going to be busy and all I can say to that is "Pile it on!"

No comments: