Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy 4th


My perch away from home
I am sitting in my perch away from home. Ashleigh has a porch that looks out from the back of her house onto the lake where they live. When we come to visit, we park ourselves out here and watch the fishermen and boaters go by. We have seen eagles from here and watched storms roll in. This is my sanctuary away from home.

 
We are having a relaxing time. Last night we took a boat ride out to the middle of the lake and watched an amazing display of fireworks. This morning while the girls sleep, Ashleigh and I are chatting and enjoying our visit while Scott and Mark have gone golfing. We are having a quiet relaxing weekend and we are happy to be together. It is a happy 4th of July weekend…it will be short, (we head home tomorrow) but sweet.

 
One of the beautiful fireworks we saw last night
I am not planning on writing on Monday, so I hope that everyone enjoys there holiday as much as we are. Talk to you soon!

No comments: