Friday, July 22, 2011

Destination Maine Day 7 (Heading Home)


The tour at Brown University begins

More buildings on the pre Revolutionary War campus

Aly and Avery outside the Museum of Play

A very friendly butterfly in the butterfly exhibit

TIRED, that is how we are feeling. Spending another day at the hotel was a good thing since it meant we did not have to spend the whole day in the car, but it was not so good when you factor in that we did have another day away from home. We did not relax as much as we thought we would. We are on the road home now and should arrive there today around 1:00 or 2:00 PM, at that point I will immediately start laundry so that Mark can repack and hit the road to my daughter Ashleigh and Son-in-law Scott's house. Mark is playing in a golf tournament with Scott tomorrow, which may be a good thing for him since he has been cooped up in the car with women for a week a weekend of golf and guy stuff will do him some good.

 
Yesterday we decided to go to the Strong Museum of Play. We thought the idea of "play" sounded fun. Before we went there we drove through the campus of Rochester University. Aly is interested in this university as well and she has been since we toured the campus three years ago. We have a tour planned for the campus again when we come back to Rochester in August to visit our friends that live here. My hope is that by than we will have a few schools off our list and a better idea of direction for Aly's college education. After we drove through the campus we headed towards the Museum of Play.

 
We knew as we pulled in that this was not really a teen environment. We saw lots of people heading in and out with small children in tow, but we did not let that thwart our enthusiasm. We wanted to play and we also wanted to check out their butterfly exhibit. All in all it was a fun time with the butterflies being one of the highlights. We were all too big for a lot of the activities, but we made the best of it. the upside was we were indoors where it was cool. Like most of America it was HOT, with our car thermostat reading over 100 degrees.
Once we returned to the hotel we spent some time swimming in the hotel pool before we showered and went off to have dinner. Even with the best of intentions, we still did not have dinner until 8:00 PM. After dinner we made a quick trip to get gas and a few snacks for the car ride home. As we woke up this morning at 5:45 AM I told Mark I still had not digested my dinner and I was going to have to eat breakfast so I would not be hungry on the road. BLAH, I feel like a swollen congealed ball of fat!

 
So here we are, on the road hoping to make it home in time to save my plants from turning into dust. I remembered yesterday that I had plants out back I had forgotten to bring in for our friend to water for us. I also have a wayward cat that has not been home that I am praying will be OK in all of this heat. All in all a great trip with lots to see and do. I will say this though, I am wiped out and looking forward to being home and even the possibility of being just a little bored for just a little while. Oh wait, that won't happen, I have laundry, lots and lots of laundry to do.

No comments: