Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Destination Maine Day 6


Aly and Avery taking a dip in the COLD Atlantic Ocean
 
My Cousin Laurel and I enjoying dinner after a beachy day!

A very happy birthday girl on the beach!

The house where we stayed

Time for birthday presents

A small amount of the sea glass we found on the beach near the house and an ocean tumbled shell

We are on the road again. We packed up this morning (a little later this time…8:15 AM) and left my cousin and her new family to enjoy the rest of the week together. Our next stop is Providence, Rhode Island, the home of Brown University. Aly has asked to tour Brown. So far Aly has only toured one other college and we thought that since we were nearby we might as well check it out. Aly has told us she would like to go to college out of state. I am not certain if Aly will actually go out of state to college, but I want to encourage her interest.

 
Both families packed up beach gear and drove to a beautiful beach about a half hour from the house yesterday. We spent the afternoon of Aly's birthday soaking up the sun and enjoying a very cold Atlantic Ocean swim. It took a while for me to lighten up and enjoy the beach. I seem to be carrying a heavy emotional load with me.

 
I am so frustrated with the feeling of being at the mercy of my Great Aunt's Grandson's. I woke this morning with my heart racing and immediately began to mull over the recent issue of the one Grandson calling past the final hour and making demands. When we left the house for the beach yesterday, I left my phone behind hoping that I could let this frustration go for the day and when I arrived back at the house I had an email waiting from the attorney telling me that the one Grandson wants the piano after all, that his father's girlfriend does not speak for him and that he would like a disbursement of the money from the sale of the items in the home.

 
I will not lie I said very bad words in my head when I read this email. If I could have a conversation with my Aunt right now, I guarantee you that I would give her a very large piece of my mind. The hard part is while this ingrate is acting all puffed up and full of himself because he thinks his ship has come in, I am still here morning the loss of my Aunt and to be honest my sanity. I know for a fact that this piano is going to be a giant PAIN and I will be trying to get the thing out of the house even after we sell the place. I am not positive, but I suspect that is why I woke up having an anxiety attack this morning.

 
All I can do right now is set this aside and enjoy the remainder of our vacation. I will deal with this utter nonsense next week. I am looking forward to a lovely, HOT day in Providence, Rhode Island with my family today and then we will figure out where we are headed tomorrow since we have decided to meander home.

No comments: