Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Destination Maine Day 5


Visiting a Mother Natures handy work at a place called The Giants Stairs



View from the beach where we are staying
Today is Aly's 17th birthday. Seventeen years ago my second daughter was born and the world gained a beautiful girl who loves singing, statistics and math, plus school, acting and shopping. The world is a better place because Aly is here. Our plan is to take Aly to a quaint town nearby to do a little shopping and sightseeing and then if Aly is willing we might try kyacking. Right now all those plans are just my bright idea, she may have other plans when she wakes up, we will just have to wait and see.

 
Perhaps, I should tell you that I have been up since about 3:30 AM. I am fighting to get some sleep these days. I think it is somehow stress related, but I cannot say for sure. All I know is that sleep is in short supply. I will say that on Sunday as we were preparing for my Cousin Laurel's wedding I noticed a text message from one of my Aunt Nina's grandsons. He was letting me know he had called my cell phone and left me a message. He also added "I am sorry you were preoccupied". In the phone message he left me he stated that he had some "questions about the letter that he and his brother had received from the attorney and that I should call him. The letter he was referring to was the letter sent out letting them know that we had heard through the grapevine that they no longer wanted the items that they had originally stated they were interested in and that if this was a mistake they had a week to contact the attorney. That week was up last Friday.

 
I am not sure what happened to these boys that they somehow feel that they do not have to follow the same guidelines as the rest of. Every time we have set parameters in place for handling the estate details they have waited until the time was up to step up. I have been here with them before, when their Mom died and we cleaned out her house for my Aunt Nina. The boys and their Dad were suppose to show up at a certain time and "help" us, but they came four hours late and then got upset because we had started and had thrown things out. I am not sure but I think this could be a habit of theirs.

 
Anyway, I did not appreciate the call the grandson's questions should be directed to the attorney. I am responsible to my Aunt Nina's estate trust, I am not responsible to either of the Grandsons and they are not entitled to question me or the work that I am doing. I am sick of feeling attacked. This pip squeak thinks he is king of the hill and I am starting to think that perhaps I need to stomp on his hill. His tone during his message was insulting and I was extremely annoyed, so much for getting away and relaxing. AGH!

 
My plan today is to put that aside and celebrate my middle daughter. She needs to have some fun, and feel special and you know what, so do I. This is our last day here in Maine; we leave tomorrow morning to head to Rhode Island to tour Brown University. I hope we can soak up some sun and fun before we have to climb back in the car for the ride home. It sure seems like our vacation just started and we are already staring down the barrel of the end of it.
My Cousin Laurel preparing a delicious salad after an active afternoon

No comments: