Friday, July 8, 2011

Sorry I Missed Ya

I hit the ground running yesterday morning and had no time to stop and write. The day started with a three and a half mile walk and ended with Mark and I working on our plans for my cousin's upcoming wedding in Maine. I was on the go almost every minute in between. So there was no chance to stop and write out my life.

Yesterday morning came bright and early with me making the discovery that my youngest daughter had not completed her laundry like I had asked her to. I had told her that she must finish her laundry and get it off my basement counter before she went to bed and there it was when I went to check, AGH! I went for my morning walk hoping to formulate a plan on how to deal with a daughter that was becoming more and more defiant. One of my girlfriends that I walk with suggested that I hide her clothes and so when I got back home I decided I would give Avery one more chance. I woke her up and told her to take care of her laundry, after I did this I took Roxanne (the dog) for a walk. Upon arriving home I discovered Sleeping Beauty (Avery) still in bed and that is when I made my move. I gathered up her laundry and hid it away and then I woke her up and told her to shower and get dressed because she was going with me to my Aunt Nina's house.

Let us just say her response was not a positive one. I spent an hour telling her "Yes Avery you are going with me, I really do not care how boring you think it is, this is what I do all the time and today you are going to help me…GET READY!" My thought was that having her come would be a mile marker the next time she was heading off and not following through hopefully she would remember the missing laundry and the long boring morning with me at my Aunt's house. I am done with this moody teenitude stuff and I have declared war!

I spent the morning at my Aunt's talking with people who wanted to buy my Aunt's car, the lady that ran the estate sale and also an auction house that will come in and sell off what is left in the house and clean out the house for me. Then I came home went to my mammogram, the grocery store, picked up a prescription for Aly, came home again and made dinner, took Avery out to practice her driving (this was another discussion we had yesterday), folded my own laundry and planned out our trip. I am tired all over again just writing it all out.

Today is a new day full of activity, mostly calls and planning but busy none the less. I should however let you know that I am not tolerating defiance any longer. I am no longer Momma Nice Guy, I am The Difianator and I am ready and on guard for any sign of teenage defiance. I am also worn out and tired and hoping to make it through another day of raising children, running a home and settling another estate. It is enough to make Wonder Woman jealous don't you think? I am sorry I missed ya yesterday and I hope I have less drama to share tomorrow!

No comments: