Monday, July 18, 2011

Destination Maine Day 3 and 4


We arrived in Maine in the afternoon on Saturday. What we found as we drove from Albany through Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and finally arriving in Maine was that trees were plentiful. It was a beautiful drive. Everywhere we were nature was bursting forth. Once we arrived at the house my cousin is renting for the week we found even more beauty since the house faces the inland waters of the Atlantic Ocean. How fortunate are we to be invited to the wedding and invited to stay at the house with my cousin and her family.

 
These have been an unbelievable couple of days culminating in the beautiful wedding of Laurel and Matt last night on the beach. They had a beautiful meal before hand, where the served steamed clams and lobster for dinner. After the moon rise ceremony we were treated to a delicious cake and champagne reception. It was a magical evening, as they said their vows in the horizon the moon burst forth in a bright orange glow and we all gasped at the surprise. In between all of that we have enjoyed spending time with my cousin and her family and friends.

 
Mark and I were asked yesterday if we would pick up the wedding cake which was waiting an hour away and we set out on the adventure of getting to the cake and getting back without getting lost or wrecking the cake. We also had the chance to see more beautiful scenery and some small towns we would like to check out in the next couple of days that we have here.

As I write this morning I am gazing out at the water and hearing it lap up on the shore. I can also hear the laughter of my cousin as she talks with her new husband on the deck and I am so happy for her. She has met and married a wonderful man that is calm, patient, kind and humorous. In many ways he reminds me of our Granddaddy that Laurel and I both adored.Now all that is left is the tidying up from the party and relaxing part of our trip. I think I have the relaxing part started already this morning all that is missing is a hot cup of coffee, which I am going to need since I enjoyed way to much champagne last night. I am looking forward to sightseeing today, but it will mean A LOT of coffee first!










No comments: