Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sleep Deprived

All I am asking at 3:46 AM is to fall asleep. Is that too much to ask? I am not sure how much longer I can go without a good night's sleep. This has been going on since my Aunt died in May and I am certain it has a lot to do with stress. Regardless of the reason, my body cannot take much more.

I am starting to look old and haggard and the bags under my eyes are big enough that I could pack for our upcoming trip in them. I have a difficult time speaking in a nice way; everything I say is short and to the point and sometimes the point is quite sharp! I know that part of my problem has to do with the fact that I was at my Aunt's house yesterday to check on it, and I had to see once again how disrespectful people were in her home. If something in the house was sold that had drawers, the contents was dumped on the floor. There were items still remaining that were valuable with large neon green stickers attached that were not appropriate for an antique and I was frustrated and upset at trying to pull the sticker off without harming the item its self. There is a part of me that feels like I let my Aunt down somehow.

I guess the point is that I am more attached to my Aunt and her life then I thought I was and it is keeping me awake at night. I have an appointment with my family doctor today and I will discuss this situation with him. That will not help me right now as I plunk away at the keys on my computer at 4 o'clock in the morning. I am sleep deprived and I have a boat load of things to accomplish before we leave in two days at just about this time so I am going to make an attempt to fall asleep for a couple more hours.

No comments: