Saturday, July 23, 2011

Destination Maine…Home!


Boats in a Maine harbor

Another photo from The Giant's Steps


Avery and I at the Museum of Play in Rochester, New York


Mark and I our last morning in Maine (Note the giant tired bags under my eyes)


Our final morning good-bye to the beach interrupted by black flies
 I toyed with the idea of taking a picture of the laundry that was piled in my laundry room once we arrived home yesterday, but that would have required energy I needed for actually doing the laundry. I am proud to say I am doing well in the laundry department this morning with two loads done, one in the wash and one in the dryer and two more piled on the floor waiting to be called in. We are home. Sorting mail and laundry, catching up on all the little things that were left behind, is always the tough part of coming home from vacation, especially the part where you have bills waiting for you.

 
We arrived home about 1:30 PM yesterday afternoon. The upside and the downside to a mid afternoon arrival is that we had time to start laundry and even go to the grocery store for food. We also did enough laundry that Mark could pack up and head out for his golf tournament with my Son-in-law Scott, up at Scott and (my daughter) Ashleigh's house. Needless to say I was in bed by 9:30 PM exhausted.

 
This morning I woke up put the sprinkler on my dried up garden, folded laundry, opened a little more mail and did a few smaller tasks before plopping on my deck for a little me time. We have a Graduation party today (the very last one of the season) for a dear friend's daughter and my hope is that the intense heat will subside and the rain will come and go so that this day can be remembered fondly by the graduate. Before we prepare to head out to the party I hope that I can get a little time to just relax, read and pretend that I am still on vacation. I may not have the sound of the ocean crashing against the shore as I sit on my deck, but I do have the birds, a soft warm breeze and blissful quiet.

 
Reflecting on this past week, I am thankful for the time I spent with my family and my Cousin Laurel's family. I enjoyed our adventures and all of the sights we saw, many of which were awe inspiring. We are fortunate to be able to do the traveling that we do. I do have to say though that given the option, I might choose a family nudist resort next time. We saw a sign for a family nudist resort as we drove through Canada and being knee deep in laundry makes me think that a Mom came up with that idea.

No comments: