Friday, July 15, 2011

Destination Maine Day 1






These are a few photos I took as we drove by the falls early this morning

It is 6:24 AM and we have been on the road since 2:50 AM. We were a little freaked out when we first started out this morning by the truck driver that was apparently trying to stay awake. He was swerving back and forth and was scaring the daylights out of all of us. At one point Mark just gunned it and we passed the guy. I just hope he pulled over before he hurt someone or himself. We have seen the sunrise and we are now enjoying the sun's early morning glow as we travel through the Canadian/Niagara wine country. We are making better time than we expected. We will probably be gazing at Niagara Falls in less than a half hour.

 
This is the most calm I have been in days. All the trip preparations are behind me as well as all the attorneys and estate issues. It has been one thing after another in the last couple of weeks with my Aunt's estate and along with that we are dealing with more issues with my Mom's estate as we (My sister Theresa and I) try to settle all of that so we can move on. It is good to be on the road and far away from all of that, even if it is only temporary.

 
Aly and Avery are sound asleep. They went to the midnight showing of the final Harry Potter movie and arrived home just in time to load up there pillows and climb in the car. Mark and I were able to get a few hours sleep so that we can drive safely and we are enjoying this road trip like we do every road trip. Our method of travel is what helps me know we are perfect for each other. Up early and on the road, driving long the first day so that we arrive at our destination early the next. I also like that we will arrive at our overnight destination while there is still some daylight. That's when we walk around the town, in this case Albany, New York and see what the city is like and have a bite to eat. I will not lie to you though I am looking forward to climbing into bed tonight for a good long nights rest. I can hear my bones already saying, "ahhhhh". Niagara Falls is only moments away, so I will catch up with you tomorrow.


No comments: