Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tennessee Get Away




We drove 10 hours on Sunday to get here and it was worth every minute. I was a bit nervous when I found this bed and breakfast online that we would be in a too populated area or that the pictures were nicer than the actual place was, but my fears were unnecessary. As we drove into the area of Tennessee where the Ancient Oaks Bed and breakfast is located, I was delighted to see that it was far from the hustle and bustle and tourist trap feel that you sometimes find when you go to a highly traveled area like The Smokey Mountains.

 
We drove our car up the mile long driveway of the bed and breakfast and we were literally driving straight up hill, but perched at the top of the foothill was a beautiful home that looked out into the surrounding area. Mark and I have been relaxing and enjoying our time together since we pulled out of our driveway Sunday morning. Arriving here has allowed us the time to talk and think and just be. We spent the day yesterday hiking a trail in the Smokey Mountains and enjoying the warm weather that was here when we arrived. Last night a furious thunder storm blew through and brought with it cooler temperatures and partly cloudy skies. Much like what we have had at home. We are in no hurry today and out plan is to take it easy and enjoy a slow paced day before we climb back in our car and head home tomorrow.

 
I will plan on getting back to writing on Thursday morning when I am not ignoring Mark to write. I figure he will appreciate that. For now I will leave you with some pictures of our trip so far…

No comments: