Saturday, April 2, 2011

Off and Running

Phew! I am writing today as I sit in line for an oil change, in the car next to me is Mark, our first big outing since the girls have hit the road…oil changes. Actually we are both in desperate need of oil changes and it made sense to get them both out of the way at the same time. Besides, Mark and I are now leaving town as well and we need our car to be in top notch condition for our trip.

Aly of course was off to school yesterday while Avery lazed in bed. Avery's trip began late morning when she headed out with her best friend and her best friends family to Florida. When Aly arrived home from school she was calm and prepared. She shared with me that she was looking forward to a week of "not thinking". After months of advanced placement classes and play preparation, she is hoping that just swinging a hammer and making new friends will be a nice break. There is also the fact that both girls are taking separate vacations which will give them a nice break from each other. My hope is that they will return home happy and filled with love for each other. They will have missed each other and for a good two weeks or so, I will live in a fight free zone. Ahhh, the thought of it makes me smile. Once again, I dream of a happy place that I may never see.

Mark and I talked the other night and decided to grab this child free opportunity and renew our relationship. We found a fabulous looking Bed and Breakfast in Tennessee, and we are on our way tomorrow morning. In our true style we will be leaving very early tomorrow morning. The excitement is building. We have a lot to do today to get ourselves ready and out the door. We have oil changes, car washes, packing and meeting Ashleigh to drop off Roxanne my princess puppy, (and since Mark is scheduled to work at our church on the cameras tonight) church. I also would like to clean my house a little bit, call me crazy, but I like to come home to a clean house. As is also typical, many things will come up and get in our way of progress out the door, but that will not thwart our mission. One way or the other, with an oil change and a cup of coffee, we will be off and running at 5:30 AM. Not to worry I will also be keeping my blog as up to date as possible from the road.


 


 

No comments: