Friday, April 8, 2011

Quiet Time


I have just arrived back home from my whirlwind visit to Ashleigh's yesterday to pick up Roxanne our puppy princess. It is 10:30 AM and I am sitting with a cup of coffee to my left and the puppy princess draped over my toes. We are happy to be home even if it is only for a few minutes of respite before I begin buying groceries and preparing for my children and Mark to return home. Mark of course was off to work yesterday morning while I ran the roads to pick up our puppy princess. The girls are hitting the road today making their way home from Florida.

 
We have heard from Avery a few times and she seems to be having a great time. According to the church website, Aly's group is doing well and also having a wonderful trip. Mark and I are planning one last quiet dinner at home tonight before everyone starts pouring in and sharing their travel stories. We are excited to see the girls and hear about all of their adventures. However, my priority right now is making sure there is food to eat for dinner and for my girls when they get home. This means there is not much more time for me to sipping coffee and lazing about. This was not that type of vacation week and it appears it is not going to become a lazy weekend either. I just have to hold on tight and be ready to hit the ground running tomorrow. Also in the mix of activities for tomorrow is a visit to my dear Aunt Nina. Mark is planning to go along with me and he usually helps to keep her in good spirits.

 
We have no gifts to offer Aunt Nina or our girls from our own get away since we stayed off the beaten path and did no shopping at all. This works well for Aunt Nina, since we usually bring her a sweet treat and to be honest, she does not need the weight or the cavities. Her last visit to the dentist proved that she has decided to give up on dental hygiene. There was a good size bill for filled cavities, and I really do not want to be contributing to the delinquency of an elderly woman! She will just have to be happy with a visit.

 
Enough quiet time, it is time to make a list and get back on the road, I have a husband and children that will want to eat…their funny that way.

No comments: