Thursday, April 28, 2011

Staying Positive

As I ran on the treadmill this morning, my IPod started playing "I've got a feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas. As I listened to the song I became inspired, I believe it is time to think more positive. This thing with my Aunt Nina has been an emotional drain and if I do not start letting go of this, I am going to be heading to the funny farm.

Right now I have one of two letters I need to get Power of Attorney of my Aunt. The second letter must come from a psychiatrist. This appointment is planned for some time soon. Meanwhile my Aunt is still eating two bites of soup and sips of water. I really think she is attempting starvation. No one else seems to be in a huge hurry to get this situation moving forward, and honestly I am starting to think it is a big scam on my Aunts part.

She is playing possum and we are all falling for it. The question that comes up is, why? Why would someone intentionally act like she is? I have seen her become alert when she has a question or if something is not playing out as she had hoped. The other day I told my Aunt that Mark and I were coming by for the Mothers day Brunch the community she lives in is having this Sunday, her comment was "I want you to come even if I am not well enough to eat". Huh? You are already planning to freak out my kids? Real nice! Aunt Nina was upset yesterday that even though she was not joining in for morning exercise and pretending she was asleep, her favorite caregiver there at the community did not do the exercise class. Now if you are asleep and cannot hear like you keep telling us, how do you know that? My cousin called her the other day and my Aunt hurried to tell her she was losing weight…wasting away. I had to set the record straight with my cousin later. My Aunt is nowhere near the wasting away point.

So, as I ran this morning and I heard the words "I've got a feeling tonight's gonna be a good, good night" I realized that a little positive self talk would go a long way. I need to remind myself that this is just a season and every season has potential. It is what we make of it that counts. Not only is tonight gonna be a good night, I am making today a good day too.

I was going to share the video with you, but after watching the video I decided it was not my cup of tea…so, I will stay positive anyway!


 

No comments: