Friday, April 22, 2011

Remain Calm

It is Easter weekend and today is Good Friday. Tomorrow is our Church Easter service and afterword, my sister, Kelie and her family, my good friend Theresa and her son plus Scott and Ashleigh will be coming over for dinner. I am excited but frantic. I have many things to do and not much time to accomplish them all.

I have an Easter egg hunt prepared for my sister's little boys, and a yummy meal that I am working on. I want everyone to come relax and enjoy each other's company, but there is this nagging thing in the back of my brain, I want everything to be perfect. I keep adding more and more to my list of things to accomplish that will make the day even better and it is possible now that I will not be able to complete every detail. There was one who walked among us that was perfect and has the title of greatest man in history. I know I cannot compete with that, yet I always want to pile on myself about how I am not good enough or not doing enough. I am not perfect.

My saving grace was on Tuesday as I described to my sister my frustration with wanting to get everything done for my dinner and having to battle with Aunt Nina and run back and forth to be with her. That is when Kelie said "Ragen we are coming to see you and your family, we are not worried about what you have done or not done." While her words were the truth, I continue to repeat them to myself as I cross things off my list and add more things to it. So today, I will remain calm and slowly make my way through my list and try very hard to not add any more to it. This weekend is about celebrating the rising of Jesus from the tomb, not how much I accomplished before my company came…I will remain calm…I will remain calm

Greatest man in history named Jesus, had no servants, yet they called him Master. Had no degree, yet they called him Teacher. Had no medicines, yet they called him Healer. He had no army, yet kings feared Him. He won no military battles, yet he conquered the world. He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him... He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today. (Borrowed from Facebook)

No comments: