Thursday, April 21, 2011

Petty Pants

I know what you are thinking, "get over the panties will ya!" I assure you this is my last panty reference for this week. The thing is that each one of the references seemed to fit the way I was feeling. When I was a little girl you knew it was a special day when you were wearing your petty pants. They were cute little panties that had lace and ruffles and you wore them under your very special dress. They were somewhat like bloomers, but they were a little shorter in the leg. I always felt so pretty when I was wearing my petty pants, I carried myself as if I was special and important.

Today I have decided that I am going to carry myself that way, special and important. I refuse to feel stressed or beaten down by the drama of the week. I have done all that I can do right now to make it right and I am choosing to let the worry go for now. I have help from many directions. The biggest help of all was some kind words from one of The Newsletter Moms at our lunch get together yesterday. Without even realizing it my friend spoke the words that I needed to hear.

Earlier in the day I had bowed my head and asked for God to help me work through the burden of my Aunts situation and the way she was acting. I had run out of energy and I knew I had been trying to carry this myself and the weight was too much for just me. Not long after I released my weight, the phone rang. Aunt Nina's doctor called and agreed to write the letter I need to be able to handle her care. At that point I decided I would go to lunch with my friends. I had a long list of tasks I needed to take care of, but I felt that I needed some time with my friends to recharge myself.

My friend and I began to chat as everyone at the table began catching up with each other and when she began to speak the tears started to roll down my cheeks. Without even knowing my worries and frustration she had begun to talk about feelings she had and how she had handled them in her own life. As she spoke I realized that my prayer, my simple quiet prayer was being answered. I knew through her words God was reaching out to me grabbing my hand and leading me.

Today, I wear my petty pants. I am special, God loves me. I have been given this opportunity to join my Aunt in her final steps of life and with God's help I would like her to walk in peace. I am important; I am doing God's work. I must help my Aunt remember that God loves her too and that he will call her home when the time is right. Those very special petty pants fit right in today.

No comments: