Thursday, April 14, 2011

Evil

Have you ever felt evil? I am not talking about you being evil, but the aura of evil, the feeling that something or someone is dark and scary? This happened to me yesterday and I cannot shake the feeling. I was out running a few errands and I stepped out of my car to make a quick run into our local newspaper. As I closed my car door I could see a man out of my peripheral vision, and honestly, I could smell him too because he was smoking and he carried this tobacco cloud with him. He was walking out of a nearby dry cleaner and I caught a quick glimpse of him, but before I saw him, I sensed him.

Everything in me felt a sense of alarm. This man who I do not know frightened me. I found myself walking faster so that I could get into the newspaper office and get away from him. When I came back out of the office, the man was sitting as a passenger in the car next to mine with his window down, still puffing away on his cigarette. Once again, my internal alarm went off. I started to feel shaky and concerned. I even went so far as to turn in the opposite direction of where I was going and continued to zigzag up and down side streets until I arrived home. Once home I went around checking every door to be sure it was locked. I was shaken to the core.

I do not know who this man was, but I do know that he was evil. I have found myself thinking that I walked near the devil yesterday. I have even thought that if I had made eye contact with this man it would have allowed him a chance at my soul. I was truly frightened by him. This feeling has struck me to the core and made me afraid and nervous. I also find it interesting that just yesterday I woke up with negative energy shooting out of me and later that morning I was face to face with a sense of evil. Perhaps it was a fluke. It could possibly have been an over active imagination, but in my heart of hearts I am absolutely certain that if I had let myself go long enough yesterday I could have let this evil take over my life.

Now please do not read this and think I am becoming a whack job. I am still the same kind of crazy I have always been. I know what I felt, and I also know that whoever or whatever it was that was present in my day yesterday was carrying evil by the buckets full. I still cannot shake the feeling today. Instead of a brush with greatness, I had a brush with evil and I can honestly say, I would be very happy if that never happens again!

No comments: