Wednesday, April 27, 2011

In the Dark of Daylight

This morning as I gather my thoughts, a grey thundering sky is pouring rain outside my window. I need this day, I gave my girls the car to drive to school and I sit here enjoying the sound of the rain pouring and the thunder booming. I need this time, to stretch out my feet and then tuck them under a blanket. I need this quiet, to gather my thoughts and figure out what is next and what to do with now.

Somewhere in the dark of daylight today I hope to regroup just a little. I have some busy days ahead and I want to be more calm and focused. Last night my wonderful husband bought me some bubble bath and encouraged me to climb into the tub with a glass of wine and just relax. It has been a long time since I have enjoyed a long hot bath and the time did me some good. I still cannot sleep as soundly as I would like, but I know that soon I will, because anxiety and stress only last so long. This is the ebb in my life flow and I have decided to breathe through it. Today as the clouds gather and the rain pours I am opening up my soul to possibility. I am throwing all the cards on my life's table and looking them over. Maybe later I will take another bubble bath just to reconnect to the calm and relaxation.

As the rain comes down the sky seems to be lightening up and that is what I am hoping for me too. As the weight of the decisions about my Aunt bear down on me, I hope to see the light of what needs to be done and move ahead. I am ready to move out of the dark of daylight and into the bright sunny sky of knowledge and calm. For now, I am satisfied to just sit and hear the rain and breathe through my stress with my warm afghan that my Mom made for me across my lap.

No comments: