Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Water Worries

There has been one thing after another lately with the water in my house and this morning it came to a head…literally. As Aly showered the water pressure became lower and lower until she could barely rinse out her hair. The soap really hit the fan when Mark climbed in the shower and the water pressure slowed to a trickle. I could hear Mark growling in anger as he tried to shower with only a spit of water. After a few words, none of them very nice, it was concluded that we needed to look into this issue.

Here is where we are at right now. Mark has figured out that the water issue has something to do with our water filter. We have been going through our whole house water filters more quickly lately, (which has us wondering) is our water really that dirty or is there something else going on? I will tell you that Mark is beyond aggravated about the whole thing. Mark's expertise is computers and phone systems, so he is feeling like he is in over his…drowning (so to speak).

My contribution to this whole thing is that I am standing by declaring that we have let this go on far too long and it is time to get it fixed. Water has been my nemesis for my entire life. Consistently when something has gone wrong in my homes it has been water related. Starting with sump pumps breaking down and flooding my basement apartment (GROSS) to my pipes freezing in my Mobile home. I have had toilets burp up sewage as my washing machine ran and once our water pump went out completely. The pump cost a small fortune to replace at the time and I was in a small panic this morning as I envisioned my kitchen remodel coming to a screeching halt so that we could have water. I know that sounds extremely selfish, in my defense, I was tired and frustrated and just plain sick of all the water worries.

Mark is heading out now to pick up a new filter and see if that is the answer. I have my fingers crossed. A simple solution to this annoying problem would be awesome. However, it will be what it will be and we will get through this. In the big picture, a little water worry is better than many other possible problems we could have. We will just have to put our big people waders on and get through this today.

No comments: