Wednesday, February 2, 2011

In the Bleak Midwinter


Here we are gathered around the fireplace watching round two of the mega storm that is passing through town. The snow is lovely and even though I killed off my snow blower and back trying to clean out my driveway this morning, I am still delighted. I never seem to feel sad or disappointed by snow, unless I am out driving in it and then I become frightened and hysterical, probably because of the accidents that I have had during bad weather. Regardless, I love the snow and the snow days and even playing in the snow. I see myself snowshoeing later today, traveling a small circuit around my neighborhood. I love how quiet the outdoors is during and after a snow fall. It is peaceful and calm and somehow quiets my inner spirit.

 
I will share with you today a song that is a great favorite of mine, I have sung this myself in the past, but I love Sarah McLachlan's version. Her smooth silky voice makes me feel as if an angel is singing this song. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments: