Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine

Today is hearts and flowers, cards and special dinner day. Today is the day that you pull out all the stops and show that special someone just how special they are. For some this is an easy task, and for others…not so much. There is the argument that Valentine's Day is a holiday thought up by the card companies to make money, that is false, but I am certain that like any good business the card companies knew how to make this holiday work for them. All I know for sure is, I love having something to celebrate and today is no different.

One thing that I like to do each year is make homemade cards for my husband and kids. This tradition started on the first Valentine's Day that Mark and I were together. I made a giant heart card and called his house to see if his Mom would let me put it on his bed as a surprise. Mark had moved home after college to find a job and he was not the tidiest person, so apparently his Mom scrambled to pick up his room so that I would not be horrified by Mr. Messy. Since that time I have made a card every year. I have expanded to include the girls. I like the challenge of coming up with a theme and then putting my idea in to action.

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day today and make it what you want it to be. Something simple or something extravagant, either way celebrate love. The love of your life, the love of your children, even the love of yourself.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: