Monday, February 21, 2011

Snowy Day

The big plan for this last weekend at Scott and Ashleigh's was the same as the previous two years, head up to visit them and go on my first snow mobile ride. Once again, by the time we made our way up there for my younger girl's winter break the snow had all melted. I have been labeled now and whenever I plan this trek north it is assumed that there will be no snow left. I have still never been on a snowmobile ride, and at the rate we are going I will never go on one. We had a great weekend at Scott and Ashleigh's home celebrating Scott's birthday and hanging out with them. Aly and Avery had each brought good friends (who happen to be sisters as well), so they could hang out and have some fun too. We played games, did a little shopping, eating, celebrating and relaxing, but no snowmobiling.

You will recall that just a few short days ago I was sharing how snow does not bother me. Maybe that was my kiss of death, because within a couple days of that comment it was 50 degrees and the snow melted away. Now comes the best part of all, as we were packing to head home yesterday, we hear we had better high tail it back, because a big storm was on its way. Within an hour of us arriving home from our weekend getaway, the snow was flying and it continued all night long. As I gaze out my window this morning I see about 8 or 9 inches of snow where there was none just 24 hours ago. I love the white crisp beauty of it and the quietness and calm the snow demands, but I do wish it had arrived just a few days earlier so that I could experience the thrill of the snowmobile.

Alas, I will just be grateful we made it home safely and that we are all warm and toasty here at home today. It is another snowy day here and I plan to enjoy it.

No comments: