Monday, February 7, 2011

Jumbled

My brain is a jumble of emotion and thoughts. I have been sitting here for over an hour poking around the web and checking and rechecking my email hoping that my mind would release something I could write about today. I've got nothing.

I look outside and see soft snow flakes falling and feel the warmth of my dog Roxanne laying near me and all I can do is sit quietly. Upstairs there are the sounds of drills and the noise randomly startles Roxanne and I. We are just enjoying being today with no agenda other than the usual household tasks.

I am determined to unjumble my scrambled brain today and do something with this time I have on my hands. Maybe I will start reading the book Mark gave me for Christmas. I have put this off, waiting for the right time to start it. I think now might be that time. One problem though…our friend (who is our contractor) is working on my floor today and the book is upstairs, so I will have to wait until things quiet down up there, I do not want to get in his way. For now I will remain jumbled and uncreative. Some days it is better to just give in to the lazy side of one's self and take a break, for me today is that day.

My lazy day is me doing laundry and cleaning the furnace filters. I have already scrubbed out the bath tub and wiped out the bathroom sinks. Perhaps I will get really lazy and vacuum too. As you can see I have nothing of great value to share today, it is sort of like reading a grocery list isn't it? Perhaps having time to just sit quietly and reflect is today's gift. Today, nothing is better than something.

No comments: