Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It’s Easy for You

There was a time a few years ago when I was selling jewelry through a home sales company. I love jewelry and I loved the jewelry this company sold, so it was an easy decision. Make money and work with a product I love, it was a win/win situation for me. I threw myself into my new job, I worked hard and I did fairly well. I like people and I enjoyed interacting with new people and sharing the product I loved.

I learned during my time selling the jewelry that there were some people who thought that my ability to sell and have confidence was "easy" for me. From the outside looking in it looked like I had no fears. The assumption was that I could walk into the room and people would beg to buy something from me. The truth was, I worried constantly about people booking jewelry shows. I did not like strong arming anyone to buy anything or to have a jewelry show of their own. There was absolutely nothing easy about my job, I just did not project my worry out to the rest of the world.

So here is today's truth, NOTHING, absolutely nothing is easy. What is easy is to decide that someone else is better then you or that you cannot do something based on how someone else does it. The hard part is deciding to make life work for you within your perimeters. Any job, marriage, child, life has it challenges and by willingly being open to riding your own wave based on your life and who you are you do not miss a shot at stretching yourself. We all have looked at someone and thought they had it made only to find out that either they did not "have it made", or they had overcome some adversity to be able to stand where they are. There really is no such thing as easy.

Let me set the record straight today. Nothing is easy for me. I make choices and decisions everyday that I never know for sure will work out. I try new things and meet new people and hope that I grow as a person, but I never take the easy way out or around. No one has ever begged me to sell them anything. I am just like everyone else everyday has its challenges and celebrations. I still love jewelry, but choose not to sell it anymore. If some day you see me out and about making it through my life I want you to know, "it's NOT easy for me!" I am working at "it" just like you.

No comments: