Thursday, December 30, 2010

Looking Ahead


Me in my lovely little kitchen
In 48 hours a new year will be here. Each New Year brings another chance to get it right. You can organize the unorganized, fix a relationship, clean up a mess, or even move on from the past. All these things help make a New Year a new beginning.

 
I know that this year our plan is to hopefully complete my Mom's estate issues that have been plaguing us since my Dad died. My sister has been dealing with most of the issues since she has the knowledge that I do not have about all of this. She is a very detail oriented person, and I tend to take things at face value. I tend to trust my gut and she investigates. Between the two of us we make a good team and hopefully, she will not be too burned out before we complete this mess.

 
I am finally after many years looking to redo my kitchen. I have a very tiny galley style kitchen that I love complete with cabinets from the caveman era. There is poor use of space and very little that is convenient about how they are laid out. I am looking forward to a face lift for my kitchen, since I spend a good amount of my time in there.

 
My heart tells me that it is time to make plans to remove my Mom (plus her cat and dog) from the little wooden box on my living room end table and place her somewhere sunny and warm. I am hoping that on a warm and sunny spring or summer day, I can finally lay her to rest. I no longer want to carry the sadness of the turn of events at her life's end with me. I am ready to put those memories to rest.

 
Most of all, Mark and I may have some decisions to make that may change our lives. No need to panic, we are happily married and planning to annoy each other until God calls us home, but there are opportunities that may knock and we want to be prepared to answer their call with confidence.

 
With a new year comes the mantra; Change is good! At times change can be scary, whether it is a kitchen, your Mom's ashes, or just your whole life, it takes thought and planning and with a whole year ahead of us we should have plenty of time to make it all happen. So I welcome this new beginning and hope that a year is plenty of time to get it all done.

 
Happy New Year to one and all!

If you are comfortable please post one new change you hope to make in the coming year. Perhaps if we make the changes together it will make it easier.
I will be back on Monday, January 3rd, have a save and happy holiday!

No comments: