Tuesday, December 21, 2010

You’re a Mean One Mrs Grinch


If I could have physically accomplished it yesterday, I would have spit nails. My husband called me to discuss some plans he wanted to make over Christmas and when I said A. Why did you wait until the last minute? B. This is why I asked you to make these plans earlier, so that it would work for everyone and not be crammed into an already packed holiday schedule. My husband's response was "I did not call you for a lecture!"

 
I am not sure about you, but for me "them's fighten words"! Excuse me? You procrastinate to the point of embarrassment and then balk at the fall out? I actually called my husband back (OK, I did make the immature decision to hang up on him) and tell him that, "I really do not care if you called for a lecture or not, when your inability to make a plan affects me, I am going to speak up!" The holidays are a combo back of delight and stress; I do not need any help from my home team to make it more stressful!

 
After that event with Mr. Crabby Cringle, I ended up having a huge verbal tussle with my youngest daughter who had made frosting for our sugar cookies. When I asked her why it was still in the mixing bowl and not in a Tupperware container she replied "You did not tell me to do that, you just said to make the frosting". I decided not to slam my head against the counter in frustration; instead I explained that at fourteen, I think she is old enough to figure out that you do not leave frosting in a bowl on a counter. Here I was faced with another family member unable to make a decision on their own.

 
What have I created here? Not only is my family unable to make decisions and plan, they also are not able to take responsibility for their actions. It is enough to put me off Christmas entirely! The one saving grace is that I love Christmas, the music, the shopping for special gifts and the time with family and friends. My family is working hard to make me the Grinch, but if I plug in my Christmas tree and turn on some Christmas music I just might be able to bring myself back from the dark side. Cross your fingers and hang some mistletoe that my plan works, because it is crunch time and there is no room for a bad attitude. I will just have to keep my nail spitting shut off and work through these issues with my Crabby Cringle and his trusty sidekick Christmas Crabatha. Sorry folks, but Mrs Grinch is on the move…step aside!




















































No comments: